Kick Drum and Hi-Hat Training Pedals that allow Nearly-Silent Practice:
HansenFütz - Tools for Drummers
Here we take a closer look at what is an essentially a one-of-a-kind product for practicing foot motions and technique.
- The heel plate is a legacy design that serves no modern purpose as the heel of the foot is active in fully implemented foot motion technique.
The HansenFütz F2 practice pedal design exhibits the “longboard” sensibility (10.5”) with no heel plate.
- The foot’s heel must be able to contact with the moving surface of the footboard.
The HansenFütz F2 easily accommodates this for reasons just mentioned.
- Textured kick board surfaces are a detriment to push-pull and sweep stroke foot motion.
Although there is ridging and embossing on the footboard surface, the F2 pedal’s nylon materials provide a fairly smooth foot-to-pedal contact experience with reasonably low friction.
- The foot must be able to slide forward and backward on the board’s surface smoothly.
As stated in the previous comment, the HansenFütz F2 is quite acceptable in this area.
- A wider pedal surface is preferable to a narrow design.
No problem here, just take a look at the images provided.
- The foot’s ability to maintain contact with the pedalboard surface needs to be effortless.
Wisely, HansenFütz has included velcro on the bottom of the pedal. It stays where it is put as long as it’s used on a secured carpeted floor.
- There are definite technical advantages when the kick and hi-hat pedalboard surfaces possess matching form factors.
Just use two HansenFütz F2 pedals for practicing and matching the left foot/right foot experience is assured.
- Heavy-duty, robust design construction is far preferable to anything less.
The F2 pedals are well built, strong, light and very reasonably priced. These are affordable for any drummer.
The HansenFütz F2 Pedal is the only training/practice pedal available which reasonably satisfies the aforementioned requirements in order to promote progressive drumming foot technique.
We strongly recommend this product.
But wait, theres more! … www.hansenfutz.com
"The defining element of virtuosity is the performance ability of the musician in question, who is capable of displaying feats of skill well above the average performer."
Virtuoso Drummer™ is an online publication of:
Online Studies for the Serious Musician